Paying open invoices
You can pay any open invoice that you can view in the Open Invoices section of an individual or organization account page. If you are a staff user with On Behalf Of privileges, you can view and pay open invoices for any contact. If you are a Company Administrator, you can view and pay open invoices for your organization and for members of the organization.
Only open invoices for orders, events, accrual dues and desktop sales transactions display in the Open Invoices section. Pledges and outstanding cash membership fees do not display.
Organizations can restrict the invoices that display by selecting a specific financial entity. Once specified, only the open invoices for the selected financial entity will appear. See Open Invoice List Display for more information.
To pay an open invoice, do the following:
- Select Community > Find contacts.
- Find and open the contact for which you want to pay an open invoice.
- Click the Participation tab to view the Open Invoices. The Open Invoice List Display content item displays by default on the individual and organization account pages, but you can add it to any part of the Member site.
- Select the checkboxes in the Pay column to select the invoices you want to pay.
- Select Add To Cart. The selected invoices are added to your shopping cart.
- Select Submit Order.
Note: If you have On Behalf Of privileges, you are automatically transitioned to act On Behalf Of the invoiced contact. The invoices are not added to your own cart. See On Behalf Of for more information.