Configuring premium sets
Fundraising premiums are incentive items offered to donors while they are donating. Offering product premiums often leads to greater donation amounts and increased donor visits. Staff users can define any product in the database to be offered as a premium directly from the Staff site.
There are a few steps you need to take before you can assign premiums to gift items from the Staff site:
- Create a distribution to represent each gift item for which you are accepting donations
- Copy and modify the default Give Now page, and configure the Donation Creator content item to allow premiums
- If you are using inventory products as premiums, turn on support for processing orders for premiums
- Set up the products to be offered as premiums
- Apply the premiums to gift items
- Process premiums to convert gift premiums into an order
Note: This requires a license for full order entry.
Note: When displaying a donation in RiSE-based sites, only the products that have Offer as premium selected will appear.
Once premium products are defined, you must configure premium sets. Defining multiple premium sets allows you to control which premium products appear for which gift items, and for which time frames. To configure a new premium set, do the following:
- From the Staff site, go to Fundraising > Configure premiums.
- Select Add new.
- Enter a Name for the set.
- Choose the Eligible gift items to be included in this set. If no gift items are selected, then the set will apply to all gifts. To quickly find a gift item, enter the first letter of the gift item's name.
- Select Source codes to define when premiums are displayed:
- If a user accesses the source code at any point during their visit, they will see the available premiums. If the source code is not encountered during the visit, the premiums will not be displayed.
- If no source code is selected, the premiums will be displayed for users with or without an encountered source code.
- To quickly find a source code, enter in the first variable of the source code's name.
- Enter the Available starting and Available until dates and times that the premiums will be offered. If no dates are entered, the premiums will always be offered.
- By default, the Available staring time is 12:00 a.m., and the Available until time is 11:59 p.m.
- Choose the Premiums to be offered in this set. If no premiums are selected, all premiums will be offered in this set. To quickly find a premium, enter the first letter of the premium's name.
- Click Save.
Click the pencil icon to edit an existing set, or click the X icon to delete a set. To learn how to process the premium orders, see Processing premiums.