Creating Groups with IQA
The Group tab allows users to create a group that automatically refreshes the query to determine the members of the group by the query results. By assigning members to a group, users can create a group, for example, that includes only active members of a certain member type.
From the Staff site, go to RiSE > Intelligent Query Architect and select New > Query. Once the query name and sources are defined, select the Group tab and define the following:
- Group name: The group name must be unique and is validated when the group is created or published. The group name cannot be similar to an existing group. Group names must be unique once all special characters are removed. For example, the group name North Chapter Members and North - Chapter Members are too similar because the hyphen (-) used does not make the group names unique
- Contact key column: This drop down lists all available columns in the query defined by the query sources. From the display tab, if an alias is defined and contains either Contact Key or ContactKey, the drop down list defaults that aliased property. If an alias is not defined, the default will be the first property containing the word ContactKey.
- Refresh members every: Select from the available scheduled tasks to determine how frequently the group is refreshed.
Note: After creating or updating a group, a warning message might state:
No members were found from the query results. If this occurs, make sure you have a business object that includes a column called Contact Key. For example, the Net Contact business object to be included in your query. In some cases, no members were found because of the improper selection of the Contact key column, or incorrect aliasing of the Contact Key display.
Once you Save the query, click Create Group to create a new group.
Do the following to edit a group in an IQA query:
Note: Select Refresh Group Members to publish the query and instantly update the group members.
- In the Staff site, go to Rise > Intelligent Query Architect and select a query. Select the Group tab.
- Edit the group query.
- Click Save and Refresh Group to save the query and update the group members.