The Commerce settings are crucial for any organization who actively adds new products or gifts. In the Staff site, go to Settings > Commerce to define site-wide settings for commerce functionality.
From the Staff site, go to Settings > Commerce > General to specify settings such as the order confirmation template, default currency code, and batch mode.
- Communication Template to use for Order Confirmations - Specify the communication template used to send order confirmation emails. You can edit the default template or define a new one.
- Default currency code used by RiSE components - Define the default currency code that will be used to pass the correct currency values to PayPal Express, Payflow Pro, and TNSPay. The currency code must be the three-character ISO-4217 code.
- Batch mode for staff web transactions - Specify how staff web transactions are placed in batches. By default, all staff transactions are placed in the same batch as public transactions. You can also choose to create separate batches for staff and public transactions or to create an individual batch for each staff user per day. See Managing batches for more information.
- Automatic payments for billing renewals - This setting is disabled by default. To enable automatic payments for membership renewals, select the desired behavior: Allow users to enable, Enabled by default, or Required.
- Recurring donation - This setting is disabled by default. To enable automatic payments for recurring donations, select the desired behavior: Allow users to enable or Enabled by default.
- AutoPay service address - This is the address to the tokenization engine (DataVault). You must have access to a tokenization engine in order to perform recurring transactions. Enter the AutoPay service address in the following format:
Note: In order to use automatic payments, you must have a license key for AutoPay. Contact ASI for more information.
localhostis the name of a server and
DataVault0is the website alias.
Select a pro forma (PF) order type to verify the customer and order information before creating a standard (REG) order. After verification, convert and process an order through its appropriate order processing stages.
Select a standard (REG) order type to bypass the pro forma stages and process inventory availability immediately when the cart is submitted. Standard orders that do not contain inventory items have the option of being transitioned directly to the invoice stage.
Only enable this option when the Web Order Type is set to a standard order type. Pro forma orders cannot be advanced directly to the invoice stage.
Only enable this option when the Web Order Type is set to a standard order type and the Set order stage to INVOICE if the order does not contain inventory items is also enabled.
To use AutoPay, you must initially configure the Staff site for automatic membership renewals and recurring donations. See Automatic Membership Renewals and Recurring donations for more information.
Synchronize the payment gateways with the ASI-hosted tokenization engine. Simply adding and saving a payment gateway in iMIS will not synchronize this information with the tokenization engine.
Note: Before synchronizing the payment gateways with the ASI-hosted tokenization engine, you must perform an IIS reset. For more information, see Restoring databases: stopping iMIS services.
Do the following:
- In the Staff site, go to Settings > Commerce > Automatic payment gateways.
- Click Synchronize gateways with DataVault to synchronize the gateways you defined and saved in iMIS with the ASI-hosted tokenization engine.
- Click Save.
- (optional) Add a new payment method tied to the gateway you added:
- In the Advanced Accounting Console, go to Finance > Options > Set up tables > Cash accounts.
- Click New.
- Enter a Code for the new payment method. For an ACH payment method, ensure the code is prepended with ACH, for example, ACH_US.
- Enter a Title.
- For Type, enable the Credit Card or Debit Card option.
- In the CC Auth Account field, use the look-up icon and select PAYPALEC.
- Click Save.
(optional) Add the payment method to a payment method set:
- In the Staff site, go to Settings > Commerce > Payment method sets.
- Add the payment method to both the Public and the Staff payment method sets. Select the payment method set, then click Add new.
- Enter a Display Name.
- For the Payment Method, select the payment method you created previously.
- Click Save.
Note: To create a new payment method set, see Create a payment method set for more information.
While setting up AutoPay, Staff users can review status messages that provide more information about the status of the AutoPay configuration and set up.
Go to Settings >
The status messages will provide the following information:
- Is the AutoPay service address correct?
- Can iMIS communicate with the tokenization server?
- Have the user ID and password been configured and saved?
- Can iMIS authenticate the login credentials?
- Has an appropriate gateway been configured?
- Has the Automatic payments for billing renewals option been configured?
- Has the Recurring donations option been configured?
You can review setup status messages, and you can return to this page during your configuration to review your status and progress.