The ASI Documentation team offers a help site for iMIS. From the Support Portal, go to Support > Documentation and select your iMIS edition to open the help site.
You can also access:
- Video tutorials – Access to the iMIS video tutorials
- Documentation archives – Access to previous Help site versions
- Other ASI Products – Links to other ASI products that can be used with iMIS
The help site contains several features to help you access iMIS documentation (how-to articles, implementation, and video tutorials). Here are a few key features available on the iMIS help site home page:
- Easy-to-find navigation available at the top of the site
- Prominent search bar
- Big button icons to common areas
- Links to Support, other ASI products, and to send feedback to the documentation team
Note: To search on a phrases instead of individual words, place quotations around the phrase in the search bar.
When you select topics, features available on topic pages include:
- Easy-to-find navigation is available at the top of the page
- Prominent search bar
- Breadcrumbs to help you navigate
- Expand or collapse drop-downs to easily navigate through the article's content
- Simply remove highlighted search-term keywords
- Refresh the browser to restore highlighting
- Print entire article
- Topic-specific right hand navigation to help you easily find other articles in that area
The ASI Documentation team is building a library of helpful video tutorials. The videos landing page contains an introductory video for each area in iMIS. To see additional videos in that area, click the View button below the video.
For example, when you click View Commerce videos, you will see up-to-date videos for Commerce.
- Boldface: An on-screen menu, option, window title, or other element that you should locate, select, or click.
- Menu > Item: Specifies the path to follow when navigating to a specific area.
- Note: Used to emphasize points, remind users of something, or to indicate special instances of an outcome.
- Warning!: Used to call out the possibility of an error, or to warn of a special circumstance.
- PLUS: Indicates that the article contains information about an iMIS PLUS feature. This icon can also be seen in the Staff site on PLUS navigation items. This icon will appear in the Staff site whether you have purchased the additional PLUS features or not.
Note: The documentation might not match your product. Your organization can customize iMIS, license fewer features, or limit your security access, all of which affect the fields that you see in the product interface. Moreover, the documentation does not cover every window or window element. Windows and fields that are clearly defined in the product interface itself, or that should otherwise be intuitive, are not described in the documentation.
The following are tips for using the iMIS help site:
- Perform searches with iMIS-specific phrases instead of generic terms. For example, instead of searching for "bill members," search for "generate renewals."
- Use quotations around search phrases to return more specific results.
- The organization of the help site mirrors the organization of the iMIS Staff site. If you are performing an action in the Community section of the Staff site, try looking for the related help information in the Community help site articles.
- The video tutorials teach a staff person how to perform a certain task but are also a great resource for staff who are new to iMIS and want additional training resources.
- Use the funnel in the search bar to narrow your search results to a specific section of articles.