Moneris is available in Canada. Moneris supports the following transactions:
- Credit card:
- single donation, membership, or product
Before you go live with card authorization, you must complete these implementation steps and checks. You will need a merchant account with Moneris. As a developer, you will also need a copy of the Moneris SDK, documentation, tools, and a test account with test card numbers. Make sure your test account credentials work properly.
Note: Be sure to enable Use Address Verification if your Moneris profile includes this rate-discounting service.
- Apply for a merchant bank account at a financial institution. The acquiring financial institution approves the application and notifies the Moneris authorization gateway.
- Register with Moneris and obtain a test account with a payment server, Merchant ID, certificate files, payment host URL, and login/password for the payment administration web interface.
- Verify your registration setup. This will be a notification from Moneris.
- Add your gateway in iMIS.
- From the Staff site, go to Settings > Finance > Gateway accounts.
- Select Add new gateway account and select a payment gateway from the Gateway drop-down. Once you save a card authorization account, you cannot change the Gateway field.
- Enter an Account code. This value cannot be changed once the record is saved and cannot include spaces.
- Enter a meaningful description for the authorization account in the Description field. This information displays as read-only data on the CC Auth Account field on the Cash accounts setup page (in the Advanced Accounting Console, go to Finance > Options > Set up tables > Cash accounts).
- (Not applicable for Vantiv/WorldPay gateways) Enter a Host Url. You will receive the Host Url from your gateway provider when you register.
You can use test Host URLs while testing your gateway to verify setup. This ensures a real financial transaction is not mistakenly processed during the testing. Some common live and test Host URLs include:
- Payflow Pro:
- Host URL (Test) - pilot-payflowpro.paypal.com
- Host URL (Live) - payflowpro.paypal.com
- North America - https://www.iatspayments.com
- United Kingdom - https://www.uk.iatspayments.com
Note: For any countries outside North America, the United Kingdom URL must be used.
- Credit card transactions:
- Host URL (Test) - https://test.securepay.com.au/xmlapi/payment
- Host URL (Live) - https://api.securepay.com.au/xmlapi/payment
- Direct debit transactions:
- Host URL (Test) - https://test.securepay.com.au/xmlapi/directentry
- Host URL (Live) - https://api.securepay.com.au/xmlapi/directentry
- Credit card transactions:
- Host URL (Test) - esqa.moneris.com
- Host URL (Live) - www3.moneris.com
- TNSPay (Test) - secure.na.tnspayments.com
Note: The Host Url is required for the iATS gateway. For more information about Live or Test accounts on the iATS gateway, contact iATS.
Note: The Host Url is required for the SecurePay gateway. For more information about Live or Test accounts on the SecurePay gateway, contact SecurePay.
Note: For the most up-to-date live and test Host Url information, contact your gateway provider or refer to your gateway provider's documentation.
- Payflow Pro:
- (Vantiv/WorldPay gateway only) Enter your Merchant ID in the Vendor field.
- (PayflowPro gateway only) Enter your Username in the Vendor field.
- (Not applicable for Vantiv/WorldPay gateways) Enter a Username (this is the user name supplied by the gateway):
- For SecurePay, enter the Merchant ID in this field.
- For iATS, enter the Agent value in this field.
- (Not applicable for Vantiv/WorldPay gateways) Enter the Password you were given by the gateway provider during the sign-up process. Verify your password.
- Click Save.
- From the Advanced Accounting Console, reset IIS.
- Recycle the AsiSchedulerPool:
Note: If you are not self-hosted, you must contact your host for assistance recycling the AsiSchedulerPool.
- Open the IIS administrative utility. Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the left navigation panel, go to Sites > Default Web Site.
- Select Content View at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Asi.Scheduler_ [your instance] application for the instance you installed.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click and select Manage Application > Browse. An ASP.Net page will open.
- In the Actions pane, select Browse. An ASP.Net page will open.
- Close the browser. The Asi.Scheduler_ [your instance] service is now enabled.
- For iATS, SecurePay and Vantiv/WorldPay gateways, you must synchronize your payment gateway with the DataVault. Simply adding and saving a payment gateway in iMIS will not synchronize this information with the tokenization engine.
- From the Staff site, go to Settings > Finance > Automatic payment gateways.
- Click Synchronize gateways with DataVault to synchronize the gateways you defined and saved in iMIS with the ASI-hosted tokenization engine.
- Associate an authorization account with a credit card cash account code.
- From the Staff site, go to Settings > Finance > Cash accounts.
- Select Add new cash account.
- In the Code field, enter the abbreviation you want to assign to the cash account you are creating.
- CA = Canada
- US = United States
- AU = Australia
- In the Name field, enter the full name you want to assign to the account.
- Select a Type:
- Cash - Specifies that the account is a checking or other deposit account (other than a credit card account).
- Credit card - Specifies that the account is a credit card account.
- US debit cards and credit cards are handled the same in iMIS.
- Other - Specifies that the account is a non-cash asset account.
- Debit card - Specifies that the account is a European debit card account.
- Service – Specifies that the account is a third-party payment service, such as PayPal Express.
- Direct debit - Specifies that the account is a direct debit account (payment is taken directly from the bank account) that is used with automatic and recurring payments.
- (optional) From the Account drop-down, select the cash account.
- (optional) Select the Entity. For more information, refer to Financial entities.
- (Credit card, Debit card, Direct debit, and Service only) Select the associated Gateway account.
- (optional) Depending on the Type and Gateway account chosen, the following checkboxes appear:
- CSC Required for web transactions - Makes the CSC required for the specified cash account when on the web.
- CSC Required for desktop transactions - Makes the CSC required for the specified cash account in the AAC/Desktop.
- Display issue number - Displays a field for entering a European debit card's issue number in payment entry windows. When cleared, the Issue Number field is not displayed in payment entry windows.
- Display issue date - Displays a field for entering a European debit card's issue date in payment entry windows. When cleared, the Issue Date field is not displayed in payment entry windows.
Note: See Requiring a CSC for credit card or debit card transactions for more information.
- Click Save.
- Manage Moneris transactions.
- Go to .
- Click Login.
- Enter your Username, Store ID, and Password.
- Click Submit.
- Go to REPORTS > Transactions. A window similar to the following is displayed:
- If Moneris is not installed or is installed incorrectly (for example, if there is no CCAuthAcct row or Cash_Account row in the database), you will not see it as an available option in the Gateway drop-down.
- Other kinds of misconfiguration, such as using the incorrect URL or vendor, will result in the following message:
- If Moneris transactions are failing to process, it might be helpful for you to create a log file of them to test and debug:
- Create an ASIMonerisOCX.log file in the ASI/iMIS directory where the client is deployed. This log file will capture debugging information for Moneris payment transactions.
- Process some additional transactions and reopen the log. Examine the log file for information about why the transactions failed.
Once you’ve determined the reasons for the failure, remove the log file. If you don’t remove it, the log file will continue to grow in size with each transaction processed.
- You cannot delete a card authorization account that has been assigned a cash account.
- If you change the CC Auth account for a cash account (from one gateway to another, or to a different account on the same gateway) and attempt to edit or delete transactions that were created earlier in the day before the change of the CC Auth account, there might be undesirable results, particularly if the CC Auth account was changed to a Payflow Pro account.
Enter gateway information. Do the following to add a payment gateway:
Note: For the Vantiv/WorldPay gateway, some of the following configuration items are addressed in the ASI-hosted DataVault and are not applicable. These configuration items are managed by ASI.
Note: For access to this navigation item, system administrators must have an authorization level of AR/Cash: 5 - Table Maintenance.
Note: The Vantiv/WorldPay gateway will only be available for selection in this drop-down if you have a Vantiv/WorldPay license.
Note: When entering gateway information for Payflow Pro, SecurePay, iATS or Vantiv/WorldPay, your Account code is already predefined. If you want to modify the Account code it must match the entry in the web.config file:
-For Desktop-based Payflow Pro transactions, enter VERISIGN.
-For SecurePay, enter SECUREPAY.
-For iATS, enter IATS.
-For Vantiv/WorldPay, enter VANTIV.
-For AutoPay-enabled Payflow Pro transactions, enter DVPAYFLOWPRO.
If you are not self-hosted, you must contact your host for assistance modifying web.config files.
The Account code is used to identify which gateway settings should be synchronized with and used by the tokenization engine. This identification happens in the iMIS web.config file (go to C:\AsiPlatform\Asi.Scheduler_[your instance]\web.config). The following Account Codes are available out-of-the-box:
If you want to use a different Account code, make sure to update the web.config file. The account codes listed in the
authorizationAccounts list for
DataVaultPaymentGatewayProvider in the web.config file use the tokenization engine for payment processing.
<paymentGatewayService> <providers> <add name="PayFlowProPaymentGatewayProvider" type="Asi.PaymentGateway.PayflowProPaymentGatewayProvider, PayflowProPaymentGatewayProvider" authorizationAccounts="VERISIGN,PaymentTech,PAYFLOWPRO" /> <add name="NoProcessingPaymentGatewayProvider" type="Asi.PaymentGateway.NoProcessingPaymentGatewayProvider, NoProcessingPaymentGatewayProvider" authorizationAccounts="NOPROCESS,DEBIT" /> <add name="PayPalPaymentGatewayProvider" type="Asi.PaymentGateway.PayPalPaymentGatewayProvider, PayPalPaymentGatewayProvider" authorizationAccounts="PAYPALEC" /> <add name="MonerisPaymentGatewayProvider" type="Asi.PaymentGateway.MonerisPaymentGatewayProvider, MonerisPaymentGatewayProvider" authorizationAccounts="MONERIS" /> <add name="TnsPayPaymentGatewayProvider" type="Asi.PaymentGateway.TnsPayPaymentGatewayProvider, TnsPayPaymentGatewayProvider" authorizationAccounts="TNSPAYAC,TNSPAYP" /> <add name="DataVaultPaymentGatewayProvider" type="Asi.PaymentGateway.DataVaultPaymentGatewayProvider, DataVaultPaymentGatewayProvider" authorizationAccounts="DVPAYFLOWPRO,SECUREPAY,IATS,VANTIV" /> </providers> </paymentGatewayService>
For Moneris gateways, enter the API token (password) you were provided by Moneris.
Note: Moneris requires clients using the API key to have their AVS turned on.
Note: You must define the DataVault Service address before you attempt to synchronize your payment gateway with the DataVault. If you do not have this address defined, iMIS will be unable to communicate with the DataVault and the synchronization attempt will fail. For more information, see DataVault service address.
Do the following:
Before you can use card authorization, you must set up cash accounts:
You can use any code you prefer for a credit card, debit card or direct debit:
For a credit card number to be validated by iMIS, the value, in addition to being a cash account of type Credit Card, must contain one of the credit card types iMIS supports:
For a direct debit, the first two letters control the country for the direct debit, for example:
Make sure the correct payment gateway is linked to the appropriate cash account: iATS or Vantiv/WorldPay can be used for Canadian direct debits, SecurePay is used for Australian direct debits, and Payflow or Vantiv/WorldPay can be used for US direct debits. The default Code prefix is US. The prefix determines the region-specific information needed for your payment methods. It is advised that you use the default Code as other countries might be supported in the future.
Note: Regardless of the authorization/capture schema, iMIS creates all Trans entries for Moneris-based transactions with the Trans.CC_Status column value C, in the same manner as Payflow Pro.
Do the following to manage Moneris transactions: